Mystic Tan - The Industry Leader in UV Free Tanning ... Over 50 Million Tanning Sessions!
Mystic Tan - The Industry Leader in UV Free Tanning ... Over 50 Million Tanning Sessions!
We have recently added a Mystic Tan Innovation Series Sunless Tanning Booth. We invite our customers to experience the latest technology in instant tanning.
- What is Mystic Tan?
The Mystic Tan™ booth is a private, self contained system that employs a patented revolutionary spray on process to apply a uniform amount of Mystic Tan Tanning Myst to the entire body in just seconds. When the tanning session is complete, the consumer simply steps out of the booth, towels-off any excess myst, dresses, and exits. The result is a uniform, natural-looking tan in under five minutes.
- What is MagneTan Technology?
MagneTan application technology is Mystic's patented process that uses the human body's own magnetic properties to attract Mystic Tan Tanning Myst to every exposed area of the skin. When the special Mystic Tan™ tanning solution passes through the booths spray nozzles, the particles of solution are polarized, taking on the characteristics of "tiny magnets". These particles adhere evenly, and in a precise uniform amount to the exposed skin to create a smooth, even, golden brown tan.
- Will it turn me orange?
No! In the past, self-tanners gave many individuals an unnatural orange glow and caused streaking. Most of these undesirable results were caused by improper or ineffective application techniques. Applying creams and lotions by hand usually results in excessive amounts being absorbed in the skin. Excessive amounts applied in a single application can give an orange glow to the skin. Unnatural dark spots may also appear in dry or thick skinned areas such as elbows, knees, and knuckles because these areas have a tendency to absorb more of the cream. Hand held spray-on applicators tend to run and cause streaking. The MagneTan™ technology used to apply the Mystic Tan™ tanning solution assures that all areas of the body get a uniform coating of the solution in the exact quantity required to produce a smooth, even, natural looking tan.
- What should I wear in the tanning booth?
Most people do not wear anything. The room is completely private and if you would like to tan in the nude it is perfectly acceptable. However, if you do wear a bathing suit, underwear, or anything else, please be aware that whatever you wear may be stained. The bronzer we use for your initial color is water-soluble and should wash out of anything you wear, but the DHA applied may cause permanent stains on any clothing you may wear inside the booth.
- Will I be wet when I step out of the Mystic Tan booth?
The mist applied in the Mystic Tan™ tanning booth is very fine. By the time you step out of the booth most of the mist will have dried, but there may still be a few moist areas. You may see small droplets clinging to the body hair on your arms or legs. This remaining moisture can be removed quite easily by toweling dry. Do not worry about wiping off the solution with the towel. Toweling does not streak the tan, and any solution that comes off on the towel was excess and will not effect your tan. Just towel off the same way you do when you take a shower. Be sure you have toweled all moist areas before dressing.
- How long do I have to wait after a tanning session before I can shower?
We recommend that you wait a minimum of 4 hours after tanning to give the DHA enough time to fully set. If you shower earlier, you may diminish the intensity of the tan. When you do shower the initial tan created by the water-soluble bronzer will wash off, but the DHA will remain and create your long term tan.
- What happens if the Mystic Tan mist gets in my eyes?
Mystic Tan Tanning Myst formulations have been thoroughly tested by a third party lab and the results showed no eye or skin irritation. More than 20 million Mystic sessions occur every year, with no adverse reactions documented. However, protective eyewear is provided by the salon should you wish to use it.
- Do I need to cover my hair while tanning in the Mystic Tan tanning booth?
Many consumers wear disposable shower caps (provided by the Salon) to keep the solution from getting in their hair. Other consumers tan without covering their hair. The solution will not penetrate the hair follicles.
- Has anyone had an allergic reaction to the chemicals used in the Mystic Tan tanning solution?
All of the components of the Mystic Tan tanning solution have been used in cosmetics and food products for decades and have proven to be safe for use on the skin. If you have had previous allergic reactions to self tanning lotions or cosmetics you may want to do a "patch test"
by putting a small amount of the Mystic Tan solution on a small area of the skin to test for possible reactions.
- Do I need to hold my breath during the tanning session?
We recommend that you hold your breath during the actual misting process, which lasts 12 to 18 seconds. We make this recommendation because most individuals would prefer not to breathe in the mist, even though there is nothing in it that would cause any harm if you did breathe it in. If you have a history of asthma or other respiratory illnesses we do not recommend that you tan in the Mystic Tan™ tanning booth until consulting with your physician.
- Will the components of the Mystic Tan solution make my skin have an unpleasant smell?
Some consumers have commented that they noticed a "starchy" smell on their skin after tanning, but it is usually not noticeable to others around them.
- Are there ways to enhance the Mystic Tan results?
Yes, applying a water based moisturizer prior to tanning helps the skin absorb the Mystic Tan tanning solution. Using a moisturizer frequently will help the tan last longer. Mystic Tan has several products that are specially formulated for Sunless Tanning. Our salon stocks many Mystic Tan products designed to prolong, protect and enhance your sunless tanning experience.
- Can I go swimming after tanning in the Mystic Tan booth?
You should not swim or shower for a minimum of 4 hours after tanning in the Mystic Tan booth. Swimming in chlorinated water at any time can bleach the Mystic Tan and possibly cause streaking.
- How long after a Mystic Tan tanning session before I can put my clothes back on?
Once you have towel dried there is little chance of the bronzer or DHA getting on your clothes. If you pursue any strenuous physical activity after your Mystic Tan™ tanning session, perspiration may cause some of the bronzer to transfer to your clothing. Since the bronzer is completely water-soluble it will wash out.
- How many times do I need to tan with the Mystic Tan tanning process to achieve the color I want?
You will be tan after one session, but it may take a additional session or two to achieve your desired color. Once you reach the color you desire you should be able to maintain it by tanning every four to five days.
- If I tan in the Mystic Tan tanning booth, can I also tan in tanning beds and in the sun?
Yes. There is nothing in the Mystic Tan™ tanning solution that would prevent you from tanning in tanning beds or the sun. In fact, a number of customers have found that tanning with UV rays and the Mystic Tan™ tanning solution actually gives them a better overall tan. If you do plan to use a tanning bed and the Mystic Tan booth in the same day we recommend that you tan in the tanning bed first. Remember however, that the Mystic Tan tan does not give you any protection from UV rays.
17. Because of my fair skin and have never been able to tan before. Will the Mystic Tan tanning booth give me a tan?
Yes. The Mystic Tan™ tanning booth was designed specifically for individuals who can't or don't want to tan conventionally. It is a safe way to achieve a healthy, suntanned look in a minimum amount of time.
- What is in the Mystic Tan Tanning Myst?
The Mystic Tan™ tanning solution has three components:
1. The bronzer is a water-soluble dye designed to produce an instant tan. The brown bronzer will wash off in the shower or bath but will not effect your overall tan.
2. The DHA produces a long-term tan. When applied to the skin, DHA reacts with proteins in the skins superficial layer to form a golden brown color. It begins to darken 2 to 3 hours after application and reaches its peak color within 24 hours. The DHA tan will begin to gradually fade through natural exfoliation, just like a tan from the sun. To maintain optimal color, you should tan every 4 to 5 days.
3. The Aloe Vera helps to carry the DHA deeper into the skin and promotes a softer, smoother finish. The Mystic Tan¨ tanning solution contains more than 65% stabilized Aloe Vera liquid. Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer that helps the skin draw moisture to the surface. It softens the skin and helps smooth wrinkles.
- Can I use the Mystic Tan booth if I am pregnant?
Mystic Tan™ Inc. suggests that you consult your Doctor regarding this matter